Intermittent fasting refers to any eating plan where you cycle between periods of fasting and non-fasting throughout the week. 15/9 Intermittent Fasting is a form of intermittent fasting that has gained popularity in recent years. Do you want to start intermittent fasting but don’t know where to start? You’re in luck. We’ve got some tips that will help you successfully follow the 15/9 intermittent fasting diet.
What Is 15/9 Intermittent Fasting?
The 15/9 intermittent fasting diet is a type of intermittent fasting. It is a modification of the 16:8 plan, where you eat within a 9-hour window and fast for the other 15 hours. This plan is especially good for beginners because it’s slightly less restrictive, and you still get all the benefits of IF. There are a few different ways to approach this, but the goal is to have a restricted eating window so that you’re fasting for most of the day.
The Benefits of 15/9 Intermittent Fasting
The benefits of intermittent fasting are pretty impressive. It can help with weight loss, blood sugar control, inflammation, and more. Plus, it’s a great way to break out of your regular routine and mix up your diet.
Potential Drawbacks of 15/9 Intermittent Fasting
Before you start any new diet, it’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor—especially if you have any medical conditions or take medication. That said, there are a few potential drawbacks to the 15/9 intermittent fasting diet that you should be aware of.
First, if you’re doing strenuous exercise, you may need to fuel your body more often than every 15 hours. Second, if you have blood sugar issues, fasting for long periods of time could cause your blood sugar to drop too low.
And finally, if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, this diet is not recommended. To be on the safe side, it’s always best to check with your doctor before starting any new diet or exercise regimen.
How to Start 15/9 Intermittent Fasting
If you’re interested in trying intermittent fasting, here are five tips to help you successfully follow the 15/9 diet:
- Start small. If you’re new to fasting, start by fasting for just 12 hours at a time. Once you’re comfortable with that, gradually increase the number of hours you’re fasting each day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast is essential for keeping up your energy levels during your fast. Try to include plenty of protein and fiber in your breakfast to help keep you feeling full throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of water. It’s important to stay hydrated during your fast, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have plenty of healthy snacks on hand so you don’t get tempted to break your fast with unhealthy foods.
- Stay positive. Remember that changing your eating habits can be challenging, but it’s worth it in the end!
Following these tips should help you have a successful experience with the 15/9 intermittent fasting diet.
We know that fasting can seem overwhelming, but at its core, it’s a simple concept. The key is to take it one day at a time and don’t get too stressed out about the details—you’ll figure them out as you go! If you want to start your journey today, try starting small with the 15/9 intermittent fasting.