Open Windows Backup File BKF– BKF files are backup files created by the Windows Backup Utility and saved on your computer. Because of this, all versions of Windows after Windows 7 do not include the NTBackup tool. NTBackup must first be installed on your computer before BKF files can be opened in Windows 7, 10, and 8. You may get NTBackup on the internet for free.
Windows Backup Utility was available on both Windows NT and Windows XP Pro versions of the operating system. If you’re using another version of Windows, you’ll need to download nt5backup.cab, which is simply a compressed file that includes three files: ntbackup.exe, ntmsapi.dll, and the VSS API DLL (Visual Studio Scripting Interface).
How to Open Windows Backup File BKF Manually?
The first step in opening BKF files is to ensure that the NTBackup.exe tool is installed. You may also find the files in the C: WindowsSystem32 directory. It also includes two more DLL files, Ntmsapi.dll and vssapi.dll, which are also included in the package.
Please save these files in the same directory as the NTBackup data files. The following are the steps to follow BKF files on Windows 7, 10, and 8.
- Right-click on the NTBackup.exe file and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- A page titled “Welcome to Backup or Restore” appears. Now that the Advanced Mode function has been activated, tap on the Next button.
- Then, choose the Restore and Manage tab option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, just keep following the instructions until you get to the Finish button, which will restore the .bkf files back to their original place.
This will allow you to open .bkf files on any version of Windows with relative ease.
Highly Recommended Solution to Open Windows Backup File BKF
One of the best and highly recommended software to open BKF files is the BitRecover BKF file repair tool. the software gives users amazing and sophisticated features. There are two scanning modes in BitRecover BKF Recovery Software: Quick and Recovery. The utility is particularly developed for recovering and restoring damaged backup BKF or backup zip files. This entrepreneurship application was designed to recover BKF files generated by the Windows NTBackup and Symantec Veritas backup Exec tools. There is no file size limitation while fixing a corrupt BKF file.
More Capabilities of the Software
- Users will be able to read, inspect, and open a corrupt Windows backup file using this tool.
- BKF files may be read for their contents, whether they are healthy or corrupt.
- The Tool allows you to see backup files and data that have been made by Windows NTBackup and Symantec Backup Exec.
- There are many options for opening damaged Windows backup files of any size.
- During the bkf scanning operation, there will be no changes to your backup files at all.
- It is possible to use two separate scanning modes to deal with various sorts of BKF file corruption.
If you want to know more about the software, then you should check out the given link.
Time to Say Goodbye
Windows Backup Utility is not included in all Windows releases; therefore, users must rely on third-party BKF File Viewer software to view BKF files. It is possible to use the manual technique, which needs downloading and then executing a few files, however, due to the unavailability of these files, this is a highly hard way to use.