Fences are an investment, but they may not be as expensive as you might think. When it comes to budgeting for home improvements, fences are often put at the bottom of the list. However, a fence can add value by making your property more private or providing protection for children and pets.
It will also help you keep your yard tidy. If you have a garden, a fence can help keep out unwanted visitors such as deer, raccoons and even rabbits.
If you’re thinking of building your own wood fence to save on costs, be prepared to spend some time and effort on the project. You might want to consider hiring a contractor to build the fence for you.
Cost estimation of Aluminum Fence Styles:
An aluminum fence can cost anywhere in the country between $3,111 and $6,753.For expert installation, the average price for aluminum fences of all kinds is $4,932.
Given the variety of aluminum fences available, a professional’s fee to install your fence could range from $19 to $76 per linear foot.The cost per linear foot for a typical mid-range aluminum fence would be roughly $48.
- $4,932 is the national average cost.
- Price range typical: $3,111 to $6,753
- Absolute minimum: $1,600
- Extremely expensive: $9,135
Cost Estimator by Size:
- Small – $700
- Medium – $900
- Large – $1,300
- X-Large – $3,000
Approximately 69 linear feet of fence will be needed for a project of this size, whether it is for a pool or a yard. Using the $48 rate, it can be calculated that the total price for a fence of this size would be around $3,312.
A 135 linear foot fence would be required for a 2,000 square foot backyard or front yard, costing around $6,480 in total. A 180 linear foot fence would be required for a large 3,500 square foot yard, costing about $8,640 in total.
Pool Fence Cost:
Fencing an inground swimming pool is a necessity that must be taken into consideration when building a new pool. If you fail to install the fencing, your insurance company may not cover damage related to pool drowning.
The cost of fencing around an inground pool is between $300 and $500, which includes the materials required when using common 4-foot privacy slats or panels.
Pool Fencing Cost by Size:
- Small – $300 to $400
- Medium – $450 to $500
- Large – $550 to $650
- X-Large – $700 to $800 To learn more about swimming pool fencing cost visit this information page: Pool Fencing Cost
These typical powder-coated aluminum fences range in price from $11 to $29 per linear foot.For expert installation, an aluminum fence with extra ornamentation might cost anywhere from $15 to $48 per linear foot. No matter how simple you make it, the privacy design is pricey, with a typical price range of $27 to $36 per linear foot.
Cost estimation as per height:
- 6 foot – $200
- 8 foot – $325
- 10 foot – $435
- 12 foot – $600
Installation price of aluminum fence:
If you are interested in installing an aluminum fence at home, you will need to consider several factors. The cost of installation is a major factor that needs to be factored in, but there are other variables to consider when deciding on the right type of installation.
The first thing you need to remember is that aluminum is a very lightweight material, so it can’t support much weight or support too much weight. The aluminum must be mounted securely, but not too tightly, or it won’t be able to support the weight.
- If you want your fence to be very stable and secure, consider 4-foot pickets or slats. These are about as wide as a 2-by-4 board and are usually available in a variety of colors and patterns. The pickets may be made from aluminum frame sections that are held together with glue.
- If you don’t want to use pickets on your fence, you can use expanded metal, which is a type of wire mesh that is stretched across the frame. You can also go with a lattice style made from thin pipes.
- If you want to cover a very large area, consider using privacy slats or panels. Privacy slats are available in various sizes and shapes, but they generally come in 4’x8′ panels.
- If you want to cover a very long distance, consider using tubing. There are several sizes of tubing available, with the most common being size 1/4″ and size 1/2″. Although aluminum tubing is fairly flexible, it can’t be bent at sharp angles. Make sure to use the correct size of tubing for your project.
- If you want your fence to be extra secure, consider using three slats on each side of the fence.
Aluminum fencing styles:
Here are a few aluminum fencing styles to explore and consider. Keep in mind that there are many more, so this list is only a sampling.
- Aluminum Rail – This fencing option is built from vertical aluminum posts and pickets. It’s a good choice for homeowners who want a stable, sturdy fence that isn’t too expensive.
- Aluminum Slat – This style combines pickets with horizontal panels that let you see through the mesh. They come in many colors and can be used for privacy, decoration or security.
- Aluminum Zip Fence – These fences have panels that attach to each other with zippers, making installation easy and quick.
Some of the important tips:
- Shop around and compare costs of buying materials from different stores. You may find that purchasing the materials and building the fence yourself will save you money.
- If you’re planning on building a fence for privacy, you can use a wooden or vinyl plank instead of traditional pickets. This will allow you to see through the fence from one side but appear solid from the other side.
- For an area of around 500 square feet around their pools, many homeowners choose aluminum fencing.