Offline Storage Table (OST) is an encrypted Outlook data file that is created when you create an account in MS Outlook. It is associated with a specific profile on a specific PC where your account has been configured. When you have an MS Exchange account and want to work offline, you can use Outlook Data Files (.ost). They are extremely useful in the event of server downtime or an unstable internet connection. There may be times when you need to use Outlook to access OST files on a different computer in a different location. However, manual import of items from an offline Outlook data file is not supported by MS Outlook (ost). To open an OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010, you must first convert an OST file into Outlook.
A Personal Storage Table (.pst) file is a personal folder file in Microsoft Outlook that is used to store duplicates of messages, contacts, calendar items, attachments, tasks, notes, and so on. PST files can also be used to export data from any type of email account and import data from other Outlook data files.
After converting an OST file to a PST file format, you can easily access it in Outlook. This blog summarizes the manual methods for converting OST to PST in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. We’ll also go over a fantastic tool for completing the conversion quickly and efficiently OST to PST Converter. But first, we’ll concentrate on free solutions.
Manually Import an OST File into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010.
There are numerous methods for converting OST files to PST files. Here are a few examples:
Method #1: Make Use of MS Outlook’s Archive Function
Outlook allows you to archive data by converting all OST mailbox items to PST format. It does not, however, allow for the archiving of contacts. To import OST files into MS Outlook, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open MS Outlook and navigate to the OST file from which you want to export data.
- Navigate to File > Info > Cleanup tools.
- Choose Archive from the list of available options.
- Make sure the Archive folder and all subfolders options are selected in the dialogue box that appears.
- Choose the folder to be exported to PST (e.g., outbox).
- Give a date in the Archive items older than the box. All items received prior to the deadline will be archived.
- Under the Archive File option, specify a location for the new PST file.
- To complete the export process, click OK.
Method #2: Using the Import/Export Wizard
In this method, you must log in to Outlook using the MS Exchange account that was used to create the OST file. Follow the steps below to convert an OST file to a PST file using this method:
- Navigate to Files > Open & Export. Now, select Import & Export from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Choose the folder you want to export and press the Next button.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the new PST file and choose the appropriate option for duplicate items.
- Please keep in mind that the above-mentioned free conversion method will only work if you are connected to the MS Exchange Microsoft Exchange Server.
Method #3: Drag and Drop Mailbox Objects
To use this method, follow the steps outlined below to convert the OST files to the PST file format.
- Start MS Outlook on your computer.
- In MS Outlook, open a new PST file.
- Drag the mailbox folder that you want to export into the blank PST file.
This method is time-consuming and tedious because you must repeat the procedure for each and every OST file item that you want to convert to a PST file. Contacts, Calendars, inboxes, and so on cannot be moved, and you must create a separate PST file for each item.
A Simple Method to Convert an OST File into Outlook
The free solutions mentioned above are time-consuming and tedious, and they may not work in all situations. You can use the top-rated OST to PST Converter Tool to easily restore emails from an OST file and convert them into Outlook PST files containing email, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and so on. This software’s smart preview feature will allow you to get a detailed preview of your OST mailbox before saving it to a new PST file. It can also import OST files into Office 365, Live Exchange Server, Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail, as well as other cloud storage platforms. Because it is a professional tool, it preserves the original OST data during the conversion process. This software is simple to use even if you are a complete novice with no prior technical knowledge.
OST files contain vital information from the Microsoft Server. However, because Outlook does not allow manual importing of OST data, it is difficult to convert an OST file into Outlook. So far, we’ve covered manual methods for importing OST into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. However, because no manual method is foolproof, it is preferable to use a professional solution, which simplifies and shortens the conversion process.