You could occasionally run into the QuickBooks error code 12057 in the accounting software. This error belongs to the 12000 error series and serves as a network connectivity indication. This issue typically occurs when a user attempts to get software updates while using a shaky network connection. This error code can also be brought on by a system file that is incorrectly set up.
While you wait for the upgrades, you can quickly troubleshoot the issue by making a few changes to Internet Explorer on your device. There are a couple additional ways to correct this problem. But before you learn what they are, make sure you are fully informed about the causes of error 12057.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error 12057?
When you don’t routinely update the software, an issue called Error 12057 arises. Additionally, failing to update the same later may result from this. Therefore, you must comprehend what causes the problem before continuing to correct the error code.
- Misconfigured Internet Explorer settings may be a major factor.
- It’s possible that the accounting software is unable to connect to Intuit’s server.
- Error 12057 could be brought on by Internet Security Settings interfering with the connection to the server.
- It’s possible that a slow internet connection prevented the newest software updates from being downloaded.
- The issue could be brought on by the device’s time and date settings being out of sync.
- This error code can also be caused by a slow server response.
- Incorrect network settings for SSL may result in the QuickBooks error code 12057.
- An expired internet connection could be a factor in this problem.
How to resolve error code 12057 in QuickBooks
You should be aware of the causes of the software problem 12057 by this point. You could consider upgrading the Internet Explorer settings on your PC to take care of these issues. Even while this might be effective, changing the date and time settings is also beneficial.
Alternatively, depending on what is initially triggering the error code, there are a number of remedies you can try.
Method 1: Modify the PC’s Internet settings.
If the error code 12057 keeps interrupting your work, you might start by altering the setup of your Internet Settings. The error code can occasionally be caused by outdated or incorrect settings. Interruptions may be eliminated as the design is improved. The settings will then be updated as well.
- Shut off the accounting software.
- Access “Internet Explorer” now.
- Select “Tools” from the menu.
- Click “Internet Options” after that.
- Access the “Advanced” tab.
- Once you’ve selected “Security,” scroll down.
- To deselect the “Check for Server Certificate Revocation” and “Check for Publisher’s Certificate Revocation” boxes, click on each one individually.
- Shut the tab.
- Re-open “Internet Explorer.”
Restart the accounting software. See if the QuickBooks error code 12057 problem has been addressed after that.
Method 2: Change Windows’ date and time settings
The most recent software upgrades are inextricably tied to the date that they were released. Your device may experience failed updates if the date and time settings are not adjusted. This circumstance may result in the 12057 error for software like QuickBooks. If you don’t want the problem code to appear again, keep updating the aforementioned settings.
The QuickBooks software issue 12057 may be fixed by changing the time and date on Windows in the following ways:
- Close your device’s accounting software.
- Go to the “Start” button and push it.
- Open the Control Panel by typing its name into the search box.
- Come to “Clock and Region” after that.
- Look for “Date and Time.”
- “Use My Computer’s Internet Connection Settings to Establish a Connection When This Application Accesses the Internet” is checked in the box.
- Shut the window and launch QuickBooks once more. The 12057 error should no longer be present.
Method 3: Change your internet settings
You might want to correct it since one of the main causes of error number 12057 is related to your internet settings. The QuickBooks Help tab will be necessary. The key settings may be found in this location. Here, several decisions will need to be made. When they are eventually implemented, the 12057 QuickBooks error should also be removed.
- Navigate to your internet service provider’s homepage.
- Ensure that your internet speed is optimal.
- then select “Help” from the software “QuickBooks.”
- “Internet Connection Setup” should be clicked.
The update problem is the most frequent reason for error 12057. Once the update issues are resolved, you ought to be able to eliminate the error as well. But if the issue code reappears, you can always rely on these fixes to solve the problem.