Are you ready to start an Amazon business of your own but wondering how to start selling on Amazon? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve broken everything down into a nice, abbreviated list of the ten best-kept secrets to starting your own profitable Amazon business. Let’s cover how to sell on Amazon & make a living.
These steps include identifying your product, checking prices, establishing a price, choosing your business name and logo, etc.
There’s no time like the present to start your journey toward selling products on Amazon.
What are the mistakes seller makes while selling on Amazon?
It’s no secret that Amazon dominates the e-commerce market, but many sellers don’t know how to sell on Amazon. Here are the most common mistakes sellers make:
- Not using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
- They do not use Prime for their products.
- Selling their products under the wrong category.
- Not using PPC ads
- Not taking advantage of FBA’s returns policy.
- Poor quality photos
- Inaccurate descriptions
- Not researching your competition.
How to sell on Amazon and make a living?
Selling on Amazon is a good way to earn income, but it can be complicated and competitive, so it helps to know these 10 secrets beforehand.
1. Have a good reason for selling :
Amazon is a great way to sell your products, but you need to know why you’re selling on Amazon.
There are several reasons why you would want to sell on Amazon :
- To increase sales of your products by reaching more people who are looking for similar items.
- To increase brand awareness and recognition within the marketplace.
- To reach customers in other countries or regions where you don’t have a physical presence yet.
2. Pick a great product or niche to sell :
It’s no wonder that so many people want to sell their products on Amazon. So, how do you know which products or niches to sell on Amazon?
It’s important to remember that there are a lot of different factors that go into deciding which products or niches will be successful for selling on Amazon. These include:
- Demand: Is there enough demand for this product or niche?
- Competition: How much competition is there in this market?
- Fulfillment: What kind of fulfillment options are available for your product?
- Profitability: How profitable can you make selling this product or niche on Amazon?
3. Choose the right product type to sell :
Amazon is a crowded marketplace, and if you want to sell on Amazon, you need to choose the right product type.
The first thing to consider before jumping into this business is your competition.
You need to do some research and find out what your competition is doing with their products so that you can create something better.
Decision-making is a significant process. It is not mandatory to follow all the steps blindly, but you need to be aware of the common challenges in decision-making, which makes the decision-making skill even better, thoughtful, and achievable.
What does your customer want? What would make them buy from you instead of someone else?
Thinking about these questions will help drive sales for your store in the long run.
4. Use Amazon’s catalog as your guide :
If you’re looking to sell on Amazon, you’ll need to figure out which products are most likely to be in demand.
Fortunately, Amazon has a comprehensive catalog with information on every product imaginable.
You can use it to guide what kinds of products people buy and how much they sell.
5. Research products and prices thoroughly and often :
When it comes to selling products on Amazon, you have to be prepared.
You can’t just put any old product out there and hope for the best—you need to know what your competition is doing and how they’re pricing their items.
It’s important to research products and prices often because Amazon’s algorithm constantly changes.
6. Pick the right price for your products :
When it comes to selling on Amazon, the first thing you need to do is pick the right price for your products.
If you’re not sure what that is, or if you’re worried about what other sellers are charging for similar items, here’s some advice:
- First, look at the prices of similar products on Amazon.
- Look at what other sellers are charging for their products.
- Compare these two numbers and choose a price point between them that makes sense for your business.
7. Factor in all of your fees and costs when pricing your items:
When pricing your products, make sure you factor in all fees and costs associated with selling on Amazon. It includes:
- The cost of manufacturing
- Shipping fees
- Amazon’s seller fee
8. Keep your eye on the competition :
Don’t just look at your competitors’ products. Look at their advertising strategies too.
You’ll want to see where they’re getting their traffic from and posting what kind of content.
You can even go as far as looking at their reviews – if they have any negative ones, what do people say about those products?
If there are positive reviews, what does everyone love about them?
9. Build a loyal customer base through reviews and ratings :
If you’re looking to build a loyal customer base, one of the best ways is through reviews and ratings.
Reviews and ratings are important for your business, but they also help you rank higher on Amazon.
Customers can easily look at reviews and decide whether or not they want to buy from you based on their information.
High ratings will attract more customers, while low ratings can deter customers from buying your product.
10. Provide excellent service to buyers before and after sales:
After-sales service is the most important part of your business. If you don’t provide good after-sales, customers will not buy from you again.
So how do we provide excellent service to buyers before and after sales?
- Before selling on Amazon, we need to ensure that our products are of good quality and have an attractive design.
- After selling on Amazon, we need to regularly keep in touch with the buyer to let them know they can contact us if they have any problems with the product.
This way, we can maintain a good relationship with our customers and earn their trust, which will lead them back to us when buying again.
We’re glad you’re considering selling on Amazon. As one of the largest online retailers in the world, it’s a great place to sell your products.
But just because you’re selling there doesn’t mean your competition isn’t too, so be ready to stay one step ahead of them because now you know how to become a seller on amazon.
The DECISION 168 team is on a mission to Empower Small Businesses, Entrepreneurs, and Individuals. Through the relationships and experience of our network, we will make a difference together. Scale your business with Decision 168.
Take the Decision 168 Platform for a test drive, set clear goals, identify effective strategies, establish key results, and easily track task progress from start to completion.
Our goal is to help people across the world perform and function at their highest levels and utilize their unique talents, so that they may make an impact within their communities and beyond.