QuickBooks error code 6010 occurs because there was an error with QB installation. It simply means that users are required to reinstall the QB application and then try to rerun it. The primary reason is interference by a third-party application or a program that is hindering your files, folders or programs. Your firewall settings can also block your internet access leading to this error.
QuickBooks error code 6010 can become a complicated error to fix if you are not under the right guidance. To avail of the best-in-market technical assistance, reach out to our Asquare Cloud Hosting team at +1(855)-856-0053 anytime, anywhere.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 6010
Things such as your ND & TLG file, third-party software and QuickBooks registry can lead to QuickBooks error code 6010. The detailed reasons are as follows:-
- QuickBooks’ Network Device files (.ND) got disconnected from the QB application and the log files.
- A third-party antivirus or an antivirus program such as ESET NOD32 monitors and prevents QuickBooks from accessing Network and system resources.
- QuickBooks registry files were deleted from your system by any other application.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks error code 6010
You can fix ND file-related problems that will resolve this error or simply reinstall the application after using the clean install tool. Switching to single-user mode can also help fix this error. These are the steps you need to follow:-
Read More About: QuickBooks Error Code 102
Method 1- Change Name of Network Device File (.ND)
- Open the folder that contains your company file on your computer.
- Find the files ending with ND extensions.
- Right-click on these files and select rename.
- Now add .OLD at the end of these files.
- Once doing it for all the files, restart your system.
- Rerun your company file and check if the error is resolved.
Method 2- Reinstall QuickBooks Application after using Clean Install tool
- Backup your company file
- Press the Windows Start button.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Now tap on Uninstall a Program and select the QuickBooks application.
- Follow the onscreen steps to complete the uninstall process.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from a credible source.
- Tap on I accepts terms and conditions.
- Now run QuickBooks Clean install tool.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Now download the version of QuickBooks you want to use.
- Double click on the .exe file you downloaded.
- Complete the installation process by following the onscreen process.
- Run the QuickBooks application after completing the installation process.
Method 3- Run QB in Single User Mode
- Close your QuickBooks application and restart your system.
- Press and hold the CTRL key and double-click on QB application.
- Now go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Now tap on Stop-hosting Multi-User Access.
- Click on Yes to confirm and complete the installation process.
So this has been how you can QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100 on your system. After uninstalling the QuickBooks application, the Clean install tool ensures that no file remains after the uninstallation process. If your error is still not resolved after all these methods, you should reach out to an expert as they can help you go ahead with the advanced troubleshooting methods.