By means of an RPL report, you can prove your ICT competency to ACS, the Australian Computer Society. However, writing this report is not a piece of cake. As a matter of fact, even some eligible IT professionals face rejection due to not writing their RPL reports effectively. Therefore, knowing the RPL ACS skill assessment requirements is a must for you.
Taking your need and concern into account, we have written this blog to let you know how to write an excellent RPL report. Apart from that, we will also tell you the documents you need to submit along with your application. So, read the whole blog, and pay heed to each section before you write your own report.
Guidelines to write an ACS RPL report:
- The report must show the real work experience you gained by working in real situations. In other words, show your practical work experience, not the theoretical one. Aside from that, remember to keep your report free from any false information.
- Remember to credit those whose diagrams, ideas and examples you used in your RPL report.
- There should be no trace of plagiarism in your report. The best way to do this is to avoid copying from online sources. In fact, use them only for reference purposes. If your content is plagiarized, you will be reported to the IBP department and potentially banned. So, use samples only to know the format and guidelines you need to follow.
- The assessment authority uses advanced plagiarism detection tools like Turnitin. Therefore, it’s wise to write your report in your own words. In fact, check for plagiarism even if you write the report on your own. It is because your report may have unintentional plagiarism. In other words, a unique report is one of the major RPL ACS skill assessment requirements.
- Your job descriptions must be relevant to the ANZSCO code list. These descriptions must sound closely related to the occupation you have chosen to apply for.
Some expert tips for writing an excellent RPL ACS report:
For an RPL ACS Australia skill assessment, you need to write two project reports. One of them you have done within the last three years from your visa application date. Whereas, the other you have done within the last five years. In addition, keep the following things in mind when you write your RPL project report:
- Choose your project after thorough consideration. As a matter of fact, pick the one making it easier for you to show your knowledge and skills effectively. Everything must sound in harmony with the ANZSCO code you have chosen to apply for.
- State your project details clearly. Clearly mention the project name you chose, the affiliated company and the given role in the project.
- Describe your duties and responsibilities clearly. In fact, describe them in a way that you can take the attention of the authority to your plus points. For example, show how your ideas were used in the project design and development.
- Clearly explain the used methods in each project System Analysis and Design phase.
- Impress ACS assessors with your programming skills by giving the names of the programming languages in the project.
- Include all of the database management techniques used in the project to show your database management skills.
- Include project and quality assurance techniques used in the project development. Doing this will allow you to show your managerial skills. In addition, give a detailed description of the project security mechanisms.
- Give an impressive description of the nature and scope of the responsibilities and competencies. It is because both of these are related to ICT management.
Submission of the following documents is one of the key RPL ACS skill assessment requirements. In fact, these documents will help you prove your competency:
Passport or birth certificate:
Submit a colour scan of your passport to ACS. You have to give the identification page of the passport with your name, address and other information.
Name change proof:
If having changed your name recently, provide a clear colour scan of the document.
Prove your most updated resume which will be in the personal section of the application form.
Submit a clear colour scan of your academic transcript and award certification or completion letter for your Australian qualifications. If attaching your Master’s qualification, provide a Bachelor’s degree too. In addition, include the following details in your documents, as they are RPL ACS Australia skill assessment requirements:
- Educational degree title/award
- The name of the university from where you earned the degree
- Completion date of the degree
- Course details with your attained marks/grades for each unit/subject
For Microsoft vendor qualification, submit the vendor login details for verification.
For the Cisco vendor qualification, you may need to submit your login credentials after submitting the form. If you want to attach this information as a PDF file, you can do so.
Work experience documents:
You must provide a colour scan of your work references on the respective company letter or a third-party statutory declaration.
Things to include in your work experience documents:
- Include the start and finish date. In the case of still working, write the end date as ‘To date’.
- Write all the tasks and duties you did in detail for the claimed occupation.
- Provide details of total work hours per week. In fact, you also need to mention if you did a part-time or full-time job.
- Give the name of the country where you worked. If employed in the same country but in different locations, write the date and the location of the job.
- Letterhead of the organization has to be signed by the author. It must be with their name, the title of the position worked in, address and contact number.
Third-party statutory declaration requirements:
Third-party colleagues at an executive level prove the statutory declaration. It must state that this document is witnessed before authorized persons with the date and place of the declaration. The third-party needs to mention the working relationship they have with you. In addition, they also need to mention the duties performed in the employment period with related dates.
If you fulfill all these RPL ACS skill assessment requirements, you will definitely have a positive assessment.
If you need more information regarding RPL ACS skill assessment requirements, contact us freely.
Read More Articles Click Here