When a child is born in your family, everything changes and many responsibilities arise that need your attention. You would be busy setting many priorities including the best healthcare for your kids. So, get the best healthcare plan to ensure that the child gets nothing but the best in case of a medical emergency. With healthcare inflation showing no signs of abatement, it is equally important to financially secure yourself against medical expenses towards your children through health insurance policies. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance for Kids protects against expenses from birth. So, if you invest in the HDFC ERGO Health Plan for Kids, you don’t need to worry about it anymore. Read this post and know more about the coverage for kids under HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan.
Base Coverage of Medical Expenses Under an HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan for Kids
The cover for children isn’t available individually. So, you need to apply for HDFC ERGO family floater Health Insurance. In this, your child will be covered for the maximum sum insured value. Check out the coverage below –
- Room rent, boarding and nursing
- Intensive Care Unit charges
- Consultation fees
- Anesthesia, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges
- Surgical appliances, medicines, drugs and consumables
- Diagnostic procedures
- Cost of prosthetic and other devices or equipment if implanted internally
- Mental illness
- Domiciliary hospitalization
- Home healthcare for – Gastroenteritis, Bronchopneumonia, Respiratory tract infection, etc.
- Pre-hospitalization coverage for up to 60 days before the admission
- Post-hospitalization expenses cover for up to 180 days following the date of discharge
- Daycare treatment
- Ambulance coverage for transportation to the nearest hospital
- Organ donor expenses
- Alternative treatments
- Air ambulance
Recovery Benefit of the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plan for Kids
The company pays a specified amount upon medically necessary hospitalization of more than 10 consecutive and continuous days. And this benefit does not apply to Home Healthcare and Domiciliary Hospitalization.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Renewal Benefits
When you renew your policy by paying its premium on the due date, you’ll be eligible for the following –
- Cumulative Bonus of 10%/ 25% of Basic Sum Insured
- Preventive Health Check-Up
- Fitness discount
- Option to add more covers like – Parent and Child Care Cover that pays for the expenses arising out of pregnancy, infertility treatment and childbirth.
What to Know About the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy for Kids Before Buying it?
Buying a family floater policy early comes with many benefits. In addition to the base health security, it provides maternity cover and pays for all the expenses related to the same. However, there is a waiting period of three to four years after which you can get maternity benefits. Most family floater policy allows a maximum of two children in an insurance plan. So, if you already have a family floater policy for you, your spouse and a child, you can still cover the second child in the same policy if you’re planning to do so. There is no need to take a separate insurance policy for the newborn. Of course, the premium will increase by adding more members but the difference won’t be significant.
Getting a child covered under the HDFC ERGO Family Floater Policy where other members are also there is convenient too. Thus, the premium increase is very less for the child and the coverage he/she will receive will be equal to the value of the maximum sum insured. More so, the premium is dependent on the age of the eldest family in a floater plan. It is the best deal for you. The family health insurance of HDFC ERGO is one such plan that lets you insure two children below the age of 18 years in the family floater policy. You can add a newborn to the policy once he/she is three months old.
Read Also:- What is a UAN (Unique Account Number)?