You might encounter annoying technical issues as a regular HP Printer user. This includes the most common HP Printer in Error issue. A message will appear on your computer indicating that your printer has entered an error state. This is a problem situation that you might encounter if your printer has problems. We have made it easy for you to understand the process.
Why does my HP printer show an error state?
Let’s start by determining the exact cause of the hp printer in an error state. You will quickly be able to resolve the problem printer error without any effort. We have provided a list of possible causes that may lead to the printer malfunctioning. Check-out them:
- It is possible that the printer does not connect properly to your computer system.
- It is possible that the default setting for HP Printer may not be set.
- This could also be the reason why the printer is offline.
- This problem can also be caused by low paper or ink.
- If the paper jams in the printer.
- It could be due to Bluetooth or wired connection issues.
- Sometimes, it is due to driver problems.
The Best Way to Fix an HP Printer Error Code Problem
You can easily fix your printer’s error status by searching for helpful troubleshooting guides. There are many ways to fix your printer. You should give each one a full try until the printer stops working. Let’s begin:
Solution 1 – Check that “Use Printer Offline” is not selected
If the tick-mark is behind the statement “Use Printer Offline”, then your printer has entered an Offline state. This is why your printer keeps showing HP Printer Error errors while printing. Let’s first check the status and, if it is selected, click the check-box immediately to de-select this option. Here’s how it works:
- Navigate to Windows Search and click the “Run dialog box” button.
- Enter Control Panel in the search box. Hit the “Enter key”.
- Choose the “Devices & Printers” option.
- The list of printers will then be displayed. Select HP Printer from this list, and then click the right-click button.
- Next, you’ll see the option to “Use printer offline”. You must make sure that it isn’t selected.
Your printer will turn off if you follow the steps correctly.
- You won’t get the printer back online.
- Printer In Error State message.
- If the printer remains in an error state, you can simply follow the next fix guide.
Solution 2: Make Sure Your Printer Is Set As “Default Printer”
Your HP printer may be showing an error message indicating that it is not in default mode. Follow these instructions to set it up as Default Printer
- Click on the Windows Desktop “Start” button, then enter “Run” in the box to open the dialog box
- Next, type “Control Panel” in the search box and click the “OK” button.
- Select the “Devices and Printers” option from the control panel.
- Next, navigate to the HP printer displayed in the list and click on it.
- Next, choose the option “Set as default printer” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and find the Printer Spooler option. Make sure it is running.
- To ensure that the Print Spooler option is set to ‘Automatic mode,’ place a second hit on it. Select the ‘Automatic” option from the dropdown menu if services are in ‘Manual mode.
- Once you have done this, a green checkmark will appear under your HP printer icon. This indicates that your printer has been set as default.
You can now print anything. If your HP Printer is not working, please refer to the next guide.
Solution 3 – Get a glimpse of Printer Spooler Services
You must ensure that the Printer Spooler Service runs and is set to Automatic mode. Here are the steps to take in order to make it work.
- Open the Windows search bar from your desktop and then the Run dialog box.
- In the search box, type “services.MSC”
Get One-Stop HP Printer Support 24/7 Online For Printer In Error State
Still having trouble with the HP Printer in Error problem None of these solutions solved the printer error state problem. Don’t worry! You can get 24/7 online HP printer support at a very affordable price. We are available 24/7 online, so you can reach us from any location. One of our exceptional tech geeks will provide quality assistance. We will quickly get your printer back to normal in a matter of seconds if you contact us fast enough.
How do I set the default mode of my printer to fix an HP printer that is not working?
Navigate to the Control Panel and choose ‘Devices & Printers’. Next, locate the HP printer you are looking for from the list. Right-tap the printer and select ‘Set as default Printer’
Is there a simple way to fix an HP printer that isn’t working?
Open the “Run” dialogue box to fix an HP printer that is in error. Enter ‘Control Panel’, tap ‘OK’, and then choose ‘Devices & Printers’. Right-click your printer to uncheck Use the printer offline.
How do I install drivers to fix the HP printer error?
Install the drivers to fix an HP printer that is in error. You can find the driver for your HP printer by going to Devices and Printers.
How do I find an HP printer that is in error?
To troubleshoot an HP printer that is in error, remove the power cable while it’s still connect. For around 15 seconds, keep pressing the power button of your printer. Connect the power cable.
What software is best suited to fix the HP printer error?
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly fix an HP printer that is in error. It can be downloaded from the official HP website. It will quickly detect the problem and fix it.