Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL is a very common procedure. A lot of people undergo this process. They follow the trends of the celebrities like Kim K and Kylie Jenner. Although it is very common, it is still an invasive process. This article enlists 16 Pros & Cons of the Brazilian butt lift surgery procedure.
What is BBL and why is it called a Brazilian Butt Lift?
BBL or Brazilian Butt Lift is a surgical process where the surgeon takes fat tissue from other parts and injects it into your butt. This process is called “butt lift” because it enhances your butt and gives it a perkier look. It gives a lifted look to your buttocks as well.
Benefits of the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- Results will be natural: In BBL, the surgeon will be using your fat tissue in the procedure. So, there is no injection of foreign substances into your body. So, it gives a very natural look to your buttocks.
- There are fewer chances of infection: One of the major benefits of BBL surgery is that the surgeon transfers fat from your own body. Since there is no foreign substances injection, you have a lower risk of infection.
- There are smaller incisions: The surgeons make smaller incisions during your Brazilian butt lift surgery procedure. This reduces the risk of scarring too much. With proper skin care during the recovery period, you can overcome these scars.
- You get two-in-one benefits: When you go through the Brazilian butt lift surgery procedure, you get dual benefits. First, is the injection of fat tissue to give you perky and ample buttocks. The second one is that you also get the benefits of liposuction as well. The area from which the surgeon takes the fat remains slim post-liposuction.
- Time and cost-effectiveness: Since you will be getting both, BBL and Liposuction at the same time, it saves you time. You don’t have to spend two separate recovery periods for two different surgeries.
- You have a trimmed physique: With the help of BBL, you get the desired curvy physique that you love. Nowadays hourglass procedures are in trend right now and you can do exactly that with the help of BBL.
- Permanent Results: Brazilian butt lift surgery procedure is permanent. The fat tissue that the surgeon injects into your butt survives for a long time. they assimilate with the neighboring fat cells and stay there.
- Fewer complications: With BBL, there are minor complications that may happen. Sometimes the fat tissues die and they cause dents. This is not very harmful to your body and is not threatening too much.
Side Effects of the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- It is an invasive surgery– One of the BBL surgery health risks is the fact that it is invasive. There are many cases of fat embolism post BBL. A fat embolism occurs when the injected fat tissue enters some vein that goes to the heart or lungs.
- There is high mortality because of BBL: BBL is one procedure that involves a lot of death. 1 in almost 3000 people passes away because of BBL every year. That number is high. One should not undergo this process if it is not by an experienced surgeon.
- There is fat reabsorption: Almost 40% of fat gets reabsorbed after the BBL surgery. This means that you might not get the results that you desire. You might have to go for a follow-up procedure which will be very tedious for you.
- The recovery regime is strict: There are leading surgeons for Brazilian butt lift surgery in Miami. They say that the recovery period is very strict. You might need up to 6 months to recover. You also need to watch a lot of things like sleeping position, diet, and clothing. Also, you need to take time off your work for the recovery period for rest.
- The narrow range of ideal candidates: BBL is not a universal surgery. You need to fall within a certain ideal range of candidates who can have this surgery. Thus, even if you want to have it, you might not be able to have it.
- Restriction in weight: To maintain the results of your BBL, you need to put in some effort. You have to balance your weight in such a way that it does not distort your body proportions. It needs time, money, and effort to maintain such kind of regime.
- Sitting will be an issue: After BBL, professional plastic surgeons often suggest against sitting down. It is in human nature to sit down. Thus, it will be quite an issue to function after you have a BBL. Only after a long recovery period, you will be able to sit down.
- It is an expensive procedure: Like any plastic surgery, Brazilian Butt lift surgery is an expensive process. You have to spend a lot of money to get a good BBL. Since it is cosmetic surgery, it is difficult to get the benefit of insurance too. Thus, a lot of people who are not that wealthy could not get it.
Brazilian Butt Lifts Surge, Despite Risks
The main reason why there are so many people going through BBL is the trend around it. A lot of famous celebrities have set the trend of a curvier body. More and more women want to look like that. They often overlook the risk of even mortality because of that. However, It is still relatively safer than many other surgeries.
Any plastic surgery procedure comes with its set of pros and cons. The pros often overpower the Brazilian buttock lift surgery side effects. But it still depends on whether you do your fair share of research or not. If you are well-informed about everything, you can get the best experience out of it.