People who have problems related to back and spine, they should do Bhujangasana regularly because it increases flexibility in the back and strengthens the muscles, let’s know how.
In the structure of the human body, the maximum weight of the body rests on the back. Apart from this, in today’s time, most people spend about 10 hours a day sitting in front of their computer, in such a situation it is normal to have back pain. To avoid them, it is very important to have strong back muscles. Cobra pose i.e. Bhujangasana is very beneficial to strengthen the back muscles.
People who have problems related to the back and spine should do Bhujangasana regularly because it increases flexibility in the back and strengthens the muscles. Along with this, it is also very beneficial in many diseases. Let us know how Bhujangasana is helpful to strengthen the back.
While doing this asana, the shape of the body becomes like a snake with a hood, hence it is called ‘Bhujangasana’. It is also known as Cobra Pose, Bhujangasana comes in seventh order in Surya Namaskar, which is called the complete exercise. Doing this beneficial asana regularly strengthens the shoulders, arms, elbows, back, kidneys, and liver. Along with this, you get freedom from many diseases.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a 300 Hour Yoga teacher Training.
Method of doing Bhujangasana:
- This posture should be done by laying a mat / rug on a clean and uniform place. And the legs should be kept straight, long and spread.
- To do this asana, first of all lie down on your stomach, now place your palms on the ground under the shoulders, keeping the forehead on the ground.
- Keep the direction of your elbows up towards the sky.
- Now slowly raise the head and shoulders above the ground, while raising the head, inhale.
- Keep the inner part of the hands touching the body. But don’t let too much pressure put on your hands.
- Now slowly straightening the arms from the elbows, tilt the whole back backwards. Keep the navel on the ground. Keep breathing normal in this position. Stay in this position for 20 to 30 seconds and increase the interval with practice.
- After staying in this last position for some time, slowly come down and rest in the previous position. This action has to be done while exhaling.
- This asana makes the back particularly flexible and massages the abdominal organs.
- The slip can bring the disc back into place and relieve back pain.
- The spinal cord is flexible, so there is proper coordination between the body and the brain.
- This practice is important in improving the blood circulation in the back and strengthening the nerves and improving the communication system between the brain and the body.
- Strengthens the ovaries and uterus of women and is very helpful in removing menstrual problems and gynaecological diseases.
- This asana increases appetite and removes constipation. It also has a very positive effect on the kidneys and adrenal gland.
Take the following precautions in Bhujangasana:
- Persons suffering from hernia and hyperthyroid should not do this asana.
- Do not do this asana if you have severe abdominal pain.
- The head and back should not be tilted suddenly towards the back.
- Do this asana according to your ability.
With this asana, you can make your body flexible and agile. If you already have any disease or problem, then you must take the advice of your doctor and yoga specialist while doing any new exercise or asana.