A common problem today is high blood pressure. Some people are facing high blood pressure and some face low BP. BP gets low due to stress, hectic life. It is also called hypotension. Symptoms such as fainting, blurred vision, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, and decreased concentration may be seen when BP is low. But low BP can be controlled. For this, you can practice some pranayama.
Vihana Retreat is a great way to gain in-depth knowledge about different yoga asanas & meditation techniques.
Problems caused by low BP:
Due to low blood pressure, the supply of blood to the lungs, brain, and kidneys is not possible. Because of this, the organs are unable to function properly. Low blood pressure also causes heart attack and brain stroke. Anemia, heart diseases, blood infection, dehydration, thyroid, and stress can also be due to low BP. If a person’s blood pressure reading is less than 80 and 60, then he falls in the category of low blood pressure.
Pranayama for low blood pressure:
1. Method of doing Kapalbhati:
Doing Kapalbhati is very beneficial for health. It helps to cure all diseases related to the stomach. The body gets many benefits from Kapalbhati. Learn how to do Kapalbhati-
- To do Kapalbhati, first sit in Sukhasana on a yoga mat.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Now place both the palms on the knee towards the sky.
- After that take a long deep breath.
- While exhaling, pull the stomach inwards.
- You can do this pranayama according to your ability.
- By doing this pranayama regularly, blood pressure will remain under control.
2. Method of Bhastrika Pranayama:
- To do Bhastrika Pranayama, you must first sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana.
- During this, keep your back, neck, waist, and spine absolutely straight.
- Keep the body steady. Now breathe while making sound through both the nostrils.
- After that exhale while making a sound.
- You can practice this pranayama continuously for 10-15 minutes.
3. Method of Bhramari Pranayama
- To do Bhramari Pranayama, first you sit in Padmasana or Siddhasana.
- Close both your eyes.
- After this, close the ear with both your thumbs.
- Place your index finger on the forehead. Keep the rest of the fingers on the eyes.
- Now close your mouth and take long deep breaths.
- Make a humming sound while exhaling.
- Practicing this will improve low BP.
4. Method of Ujjayi Pranayama
- Ujjayi Pranayama is very beneficial for low BP patients.
- To do this, first of all, lay a mat in a quiet environment.
- Sit on this in meditation posture. Close your eyes.
- During this, keep your spine absolutely straight.
- And now take a long breath through your nose.
- Then open the mouth and exhale while exhaling the sound of ‘ha’.
- You can repeat this exercise many times.
5. Method of Udgeetha Pranayama
- To do Udgeeth Pranayama, first sit in Sukhasana.
- Now take a long breath and release it.
- In this, you have to chant Om while exhaling.
- Exhale while exhaling the sound of Ommam.
- This process can be repeated 10-15 times.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can learn about a 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
You can also do Sashakasana, Konasana, Tiryak Tadasana, Tadasana and Surya Namaskar to control BP. Before doing any pranayama and yoga asana, definitely take the opinion of a yoga expert. But if even this does not make a difference, then definitely consult a doctor.